Dogecoin Foundation Publishes First-Ever Roadmap for a Better DOGE Breed.
The Dogecoin Foundation, a non-profit organisation that aims to support the development of the memecoin through advocacy, has released its first-ever plan, which includes a number of new projects.
- The Dogecoin Foundation has released a "trailmap" that looks at eight projects, including the debut of LibDogecoin and GigaWallet.
- In the foundation's eight-year history, this is the first roadmap it has issued.
- The foundation signed the Dogecoin Manifesto in August, which described the cryptocurrency's objective and allowed admirers of the Shiba Inu-inspired cryptocurrency to sign it as well, capturing input and what the community wanted from it.
- The Dogecoin Foundation has a number of well-known board members and consultants, including Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum.
- The foundation said in its roadmap that it is working with Buterin on "crafting a uniquely Doge proposal for a 'community staking' version of Proof of Stake (PoS) that will allow everyone, not just the big players, to participate in a way that rewards them for their contribution to the network's running."
- The foundation goes on to add that it has "some powerful friends" on its side, as well as a growing collection of people who are eager to devote development time to these open-source projects.
- Elon Musk claimed in a tweet in February that dogecoin may be "the future money of earth." Musk's involvement in the DOGE token tribe has aided in the mooooning (his phrase) of the cryptocurrency, as well as other alternative cryptocurrencies.
- DOGE began as a joke in 2013 and has since grown to become the 12th most valuable cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalization, according to CoinMarketCap.
- In July, Dogecoin creator Jackson Palmer stated that he would not return to cryptocurrency because it "is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight, and artificially enforced scarcity."
- DOGE was trading at $0.186232 on Friday, up more than 5% in the last 24 hours.